Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guinataa'ng Dilis at Sitaw


We Pinoys love additional side dishes that will complement our main dish. In this case, the adobo I am complementing ... not supplementing, okay? ... with the Guinataa'ng Dilis and Sitaw (anchovies and long string beans with coconut milk), which is my focus right now.

But honestly, I truly had a tasteful craving to eat the anchovies as the main dish and the adobo - the side dish.  Anchovies have this distinct flavor that makes you savor its unique piquancy even as you merely think about - and tasting it at a certain moment, actually - will just make you feel that 'satisfaction', just like when you are scratching that itchy 'red ant bite', if you know what I mean...

Anyway, I just simmered the anchovies in coconut milk, garlic and onions, then added the string beans and threw in some pepper flakes for the "umph"... no salt, no patis, cause the dried anchovies is salty enough!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment